"I never did quite fit in the glamour mode. This life with my husband and family, that is my high right now." ~Patty Duke

March 28, 2011

Orange Scented Yogurt Cake


I made this cake on Wednesday for my church small group and it got rave reviews. I LOVE how easy it is to impress people! :) As usual, this starts with a cake mix, so it really isn't anything too over the top or hard to pull together. If you don't want the orange flavor you can use water or other liquid in place of the orange juice. But I like the combination of the orange with the strawberries that I served with it...mmmmmmm!

1 package plain white cake mix
1 package vanilla instant pudding
1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
1/2 cup orange juice
4 large eggs

Prepare a bundt cake pan by oiling and then dusting with flour. Preheat oven to 350.

Mix all ingredients in an electric mixer until smooth and well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until the cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cook for 20 minutes on a wire rack. Then run a knife along edge of cake and invert it. Once cake is out of pan, invert it again so that it can cook completely right side up.

GLAZE
1 cup powdered sugar
1 - 2 Tablespoons orange juice (or other liquid)

Mix the two together until pourable glaze comes together. (If too thick add more liquid, if too thin add more sugar.) Pour glaze over completely cooled cake.

STRAWBERRIES
2 pints of sliced strawberries
sugar to taste
1/2 cup orange juice

Mix everything together and let sit in the fridge until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment