"I never did quite fit in the glamour mode. This life with my husband and family, that is my high right now." ~Patty Duke

April 06, 2011

Foamy Paints



We made these today, and my five year old has seriously been entertained for hours!! Not only have my kids LOVED them, but they were super easy. Here you go:

Supplies:
White shaving cream
Food coloring
Plastic ice cube tray or a muffin tin or small containers

What to do:
1. Place a little shaving cream into muffin tin sections or in each container.
2. Add 1 to 2 drops of food coloring to each section and mix with a small spoon.

This is a great way to help teach kids which colors mix together to create new colors...you can totally let them explore different options. And you do not have to let them limit the paint use to paper. Since it is shaving cream you can use it on arms and legs (I will probably try this once it is warm enough to play in the sprinkler outside!)
We used paintbrushes and paper today for the most part...but of course my three year old had to do it his own way! His hands were soon covered in the paint. For the most part he washed up just fine, but some of the darker colors stained his hands a bit. (Just be forewarned!)

No comments:

Post a Comment