"I never did quite fit in the glamour mode. This life with my husband and family, that is my high right now." ~Patty Duke

March 15, 2011

Blueberry Orange Oat Muffins


I made these this morning for my kids, and since then I think I have had six mini muffins. (I am cutting myself off...it is a little ridiculous!) But these are moist and sweet and for some reason are just hitting my spot today. They are really simple to throw together and only made 24 mini muffins or 12 regular sized.

  • 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 2 teaspoons white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400. Prepare muffin pan by either lightly greasing it or using paper liners.

Mix oatmeal and orange juice together and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the vegetable oil and egg and mix until just moistened. Add the oatmeal and juice mixture and again mix until just moist. Fold in blueberries.

Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of muffins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment