"I never did quite fit in the glamour mode. This life with my husband and family, that is my high right now." ~Patty Duke

April 19, 2011

One of my favorite recipes...


I cook almost every night at my house. I think it is a much healthier option for my family, not to mention SO much cheaper!! Of course, I love to cook, so that makes it easier I guess. But this recipe is so easy and so delicious that I think everyone will share my opinion. It takes about thirty minutes from start to finish and only uses one pan. Fast, easy clean up, and taste great!



Creamy Shrimp with Corn and Bacon

1 cup long grain white or brown rice
4 slices of bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
10 ounces frozen corn
salt and pepper

Cook rice according to package directions.

Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp. Let cool and then break into pieces. (I usually cheat and cook mine in the microwave, but you can use a skillet...just be sure and drain and wipe out the grease before continuing with the recipe.)

Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened. Add wine or stock and cook until reduced by half.

Add the cream and bring to a boil. Stir in the shrimp, corn, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Simmer until cooked through. Stir in the bacon and serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE easy recipes like this - I'm always on the lookout for new and simple things to try! I've added it to my box and can't wait to try it out! Thanks Stacey!!

    ReplyDelete