"I never did quite fit in the glamour mode. This life with my husband and family, that is my high right now." ~Patty Duke

April 07, 2011

How to make sidewalk paint



For the first day in what feels like FOREVER Oklahoma was not windy today. So my boys have spent a lot of time outside. To help fill up some play time I made them sidewalk paint. They loved it! And this is all you need:

1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup cold water
food coloring

Mix the corn starch and cold water in a plastic container (we used plastic cups so they could just be thrown away). Add 6 - 8 drops of food coloring and mix. Repeat as many times as desired to create as many colors as wanted.

I then sent my boys outside with their cups of paint and paint brushes and away they went. When the color first goes on, it looks a little dull, but it dries much darker. And of course, it washes away with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment