"I never did quite fit in the glamour mode. This life with my husband and family, that is my high right now." ~Patty Duke

July 18, 2011

Dinner tonight: Peanut Sauced Chicken Pitas


It is officially too hot to cook...has been that way forever here in Oklahoma! But as well as not wanting to cook in the heat, I also don't want to eat anything heavy. So, in light of those two things this is what we are eating for dinner tonight in my house.

Peanut Sauced Chicken Pitas

2 cups shredded skinless, boneless cooked chicken thighs (I put my in the crockpot this morning, you could also buy a rotisserie chicken)
1 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup peanut satay sauce
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped cashews
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp chile paste with garlic (only if you like it a little spicy)
2 whole wheat pitas cut in half
1/2 cup diagonally cut carrots
4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Combine all ingredients and mix well to evenly coat. Fill each pita half with chicken mixture.

I fixed two pita halves for both myself and my husband. Served along with baked chips or the chips made with veggies and you have a complete meal! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment